In this video, I demo and review a compact and lightweight complete solar system from Lensun Solar Energy.
The kit includes a 200-watt semiflexible solar panel array that folds up into a super portable 16″x16″ square. It also consists of a waterproof EPever 15A MPPT controller, various hookup cables, a canvas carrying bag, and an EPever WiFi data box.
I tested its charging power output when flat on the ground and then perpendicular to the ground for the best sun angle. Then I performed a simulated rain test, soaking the system pretty good for several minutes with water. It handled the shower and kept right on charging and dried out within an hour’s time.
Disclaimer: Love Your RV! received a 200W Lensun Solar Blanket Kit review sample free of charge.
Video Review of the Lensun 200W Solar Blanket Kit
- Compact and Lightweight
- Complete Kit Ready to Hook to Battery
- Simple to Hook Up
- Includes WiFi Dongle for EPever Phone App
- Anderson Power Pole Type Connectors
- 5 Meter Cable (16.4 feet)
- Waterproof MPPT Solar Controller
- Works with Lead Acid & Lithium Batteries
- Sewn-in Metal Grommets
- Carrying Bag w/Accessories Pouch
- ETFE Film Solar Cells
- PERC Solar Cells
- Hard to Maximize Solar Input
- Skeptical of Long Term Durability
- Solar Panels get Hot
- Low-Quality Alligator Clamps
- No Fuse on Battery Line
- Temp Sensor Too Close to Controller
- Android App Clunky to Install & Third Party
- Requires Separate WiFi Access Point
I found the 200 watts fell short of rated amps and watts. But still pretty good considering its a flexible folding panel and my test environment wasn’t optimal. Overall I feel the Lensum 200W Solar Blanket Kit may be quite useful for campers and RVers where storage space is at a premium. Or folks that want an easy way to attach a solar charging system to their batteries.