In this video, I demo and review a 100 amp-hour 12V lithium battery from Aolithium. The battery looks well made and utilizes quality components like grade “A” CALB brand lithium cells. But what intrigued me was the inclusion of Bluetooth data connectivity. A feature not often seen in a battery that sells in the same price range.
Aolithium produces a smartphone app for download for both the Apple and Android Play stores. With it, you can get detailed information about what’s going on inside this battery. Helpful information like percent state of charge, voltage, and amperage. Sort of like a fuel gauge for your battery!
Disclaimer: I received the Aolithium battery as a complimentary review sample.
Aolithium Battery Demo & Review Video
Likes and Dislikes
- Includes Bluetooth for smartphone app
- Economical at under $700
- Uses CALB Grade A LiFePO4 cells
- Robust BMS – 200A max discharge and 100A max charge
- Easy disassembly with replaceable components
- Laser welded cell bus bar
- Thick flat copper internal connection cables
- Low profile battery terminals for tight install areas
- ISO9001/UL/CE/UKCA/UN38.3 certifications
- Only a 5-year warranty and non-transferable
- Positive and Negative terminals too narrow for large gauge battery lugs
- Only supports 2 batteries in a series arrangement
- Very little brand history or awareness
- Smartphone app weirdness at low capacity readings