In this video, I swap out our 12-year-old Atwood RV stove/oven for a brand-new Furrion 21″ stove. New features will include oven light, knob lighting, oven remote lighting via sparked, and windowed oven door.
Installation was relatively straightforward, with only one LP gas connection and two wires for the 12V power. The new stove slide right in place of the old one. Physical dimensions were virtually identical.
Disclaimer: Working with LP Gas is very dangerous and should be performed by a qualified technician. Make sure the gas is off and purged from the lines. This article/video is for educational purposes only and should not be taken as instructional. I’m not a qualified LP Gas Technician. If you decide to do the same mod I’ve done here, research and beware of the risks. Have it checked out by a professional. I accept no liability. You have been warned!
Due to the different gas connection locations, I had to cut and flare the 3/8ths copper pipe and run new wires for the 12V hookup. But both tasks went smoothly. Finally, I leak-checked the new stive using a gas sniffer, bubble fluid, and a manometer.
Furrion RV Gas Stove Installation Video
Stay tuned. In about a month or two from now, I’ll be back with my full review, letting you know how the stove performed compared to the old one. Any likes and dislikes.
Fair Disclosure: The review sample was sent free of charge. However, I didn’t receive any monetary compensation for the video.
Furrion RV Gas Stove/Oven Review
- Looks attractive in our RV kitchen
- An oven window and inside light to see food cooking
- Lighted knobs to tell if gas is left on.
- The low-profile grill sits close to the burners, so higher max heat. Water boils quicker than our old stove at max setting.
- Remote spark light for oven pilot light. Tip: open the door at an angle to see the pilot light reflection
- Knobs blue light can be left on as a night light.
- The rough coating on burners and grill looks good but could be more challenging to clean and rubs off easily from metal pan bottoms.
- The oven temp cooler than the dial indicates, about 50F. But at the same time, the lowest indicator setting is 350F. Maybe a dial misprint?
- The folding glass cover looks nice but gets in the way. We like to use counter space behind the stove for dirty dishes, so I removed it.
- Sparker is loud. Since there is 12V source wiring for the lights, I’d like to see a push-button electronic one.
- Furrion Chill 14.5K BTU Air Conditioner Install and Review
- Other Lippert Product Reviews
- Manometer Videos
- Push Button Stove Sparker Mod