In this video, I review a 50L mobile AC-DC fridge/freezer, model F40C4TMP. The product was mainly of interest to me for off-grid camping (aka boondocking). Since it is capable of operation using 12VDC or 24VDC power is could be ideal.
A way to complement our existing RV gas fridge providing more fridge and freezer capacity, fewer trips to town to stock up on fresh food. Also could be handy for extended RV parks stays to purchase bulk deals. RV OEM freezers are notoriously small.
Overall the product performed as advertised cooling down to a low of -4F (-18C). The temperature is digitally controlled via a touch keypad. In my tests, the power draw averaged around 30 watts. Low enough to not be an excessive drain on most people’s RV off-grid systems or a car alternator/battery during road trips.
*Fair Disclosure* I received the F40C4TMP fridge free of charge in exchange for a review. However, I received no monetary compensation. Opinions are my own.
Mobile Fridge Freezer Review Video
- Low Power Draw (60 watts max)
- Works on 120 VAC and 12/24 VDC
- Cools to -4F (-18C) Down to 32F (0C) in less than 30 mins.
- Two cooling compartments 40L Freezer 10L Fridge
- Strong spring-loaded handles
- Vehicle Voltage Protection
- Quiet running at 45 dB
- Shockproof for mobile operation
- LED interior lighting
- Small size 26″x15″x21″
- Includes wire storage basket
- Cost $349 on Amazon
- No mention of warranty that I could find
- Not a recognizable brand name
- Some of the fit and finish is not great
- The sponge-like lid seal looks cheap
- Lid catch is made of plastic
- Manual English is poor
- Black color
I plan to use the portable fridge 24/7 this summer and will come back with an update. To be honest. I’m skeptical of its long term performance, but we will see.