The other day, I replaced the 12-year-old 7-pin towing cable on my Keystone Cougar fifth wheel. I elected to buy a new one that includes a plastic junction box with wire grommets and ring terminal connectors.
In this video, I show you how I replaced the old cable with the new cable. I also tested the emergency trailer breakaway cable I replaced three years ago. Plus, provide a tip on powering the marker lights without the truck needing to be hooked up.
7 Pin RV Tow Cable Replacement Video
- Tow Cable Tip – Fix Pulled Away Cord Covering
- Replacing Emergency Trailer Breakaway Switch
- 7 Pin Tow Cable Charging Tests
- Electrical Test Gear I Carry
- How to Use a Multimeter for RVers
- OPL5 7 Pin RV Tow Cable
- Breakaway Cable
- Klein Tools Crimper
- Ring Connectors
- Uni-T Clamp-On Meter
- Fluke Multimeter