In this video, I review the Xantrex Freedom XC Pro inverter I purchased and installed in July of this year. I’ve been using it for two solid months of boating, primarily off-grid, and I’m back with my likes and dislikes.
I also go through all its settings in the app and demo how I use it with my portable gas generator for super-fast lithium battery recharging while we are underway.
Xantrex Freedom XC Pro Review Video
- 2000W Pure Sine 4000W Surge ≤ 5 sec
- 5-100 Amp Charging Amps Adjustment
- Built-in Transfer Switch
- UPS Backup ≤ 10ms Setting
- Zero Volt Dead Battery Charging
- Lithium & Custom Charge Settings
- Equalization Setting for Lead Acid
- Adjustable Low Battery Shutdown 10.1V – 12.8V
- Load Management by Reducing Charging Amps
- Power Save Modes – Time or Wattage
- Firmware Updates
- Ignition Control and NMEA Ports
- Xantrex Company is 40 Years Old
- Xantrex is Based in British Columbia
- Settings Adjustments Tedious Without App
- Remote Panel for Bluetooth is Optional
- Bluetooth App is Kind of Hard to Read
Overall I’m pleased with my choice of the Xantrex. It perfectly fits our off-grid lifestyle needs aboard Vestri, our 34-foot CHB trawler.