In this video, I replace the sponge gasket the seals our Cougar fifth wheel’s rooftop air conditioner. Our RV is now 10 years old, and recently I spotted a few dribbles of water coming out of the inside AC panel.
I solved the problem temporarily by tightening the mounting assembly, but I figured the old gaskets days were numbered. So, I ordered a new sponge gasket and waited for a nice day to get up on the roof and pull off the AC. Our AC is a Coleman Mach 3 Plus.
Since I had the AC removed, I decided it would be prudent to bring it down for a good clean, lube, and inspection. I gave both the condenser and evaporator coils a clean and straightened any bend fins. Then, I lubed the fan motor bearing and coated any rusty-looking parts with Lippert Chassis Shield Rust Inhibiting Spray.
New AC Gasket plus Clean and Motor Lube
- Previous AC Maintenance Tips Video
- Recent Slide Roof Replacement Videos
- Camco Universal Replacement RV AC Gasket
- Eternabond Tape Review
- Hard Start Capacitor Installation
- Routine Roof Maintenance Tips
- Boeshield Lubricant Review
- Lippert Chassis Shield Spray
- LA’s Totally Awesome Cleaner Review